Tuesday 31 May 2016

Young Duo Sign New Deal

RASHFORD SIGNS NEW DEAL

Marcus Rashford has signed a new contract at
Manchester United which keeps him at the club
until at least June 2020 with an option to extend
for a further year.

Rashford,18, came through the ranks of our
academy and was handed a first-team debut for
the Europa League game against Midtjylland. He
grabbed his opportunity with both hands by scoring
twice, a feat he remarkably repeated three days
later on his first league appearance against
Arsenal. Marcus has made 17 appearances and
scored 8 goals.

Executive vice chairman Ed Woodward said:
"Marcus is a naturally talented footballer with great
potential. He has taken his chances well and has
integrated into the first team very quickly. I am
delighted that Marcus has signed a new contract,
he is at the right club to continue his development.
He is still very young and we need to be patient
but he is developing in the right way and we
believe he has a great future ahead of him."

Marcus Rashford said:
"I am delighted to have signed a new contract. I
have always been a Manchester United fan, so to
be playing in the first team really is a dream come
true. I am grateful for having the chance to prove
myself. To be able to play football at the biggest
club in the world means everything to me and my
family."

BORTHWICK-JACKSON SIGNS NEW
DEAL

Cameron Borthwick-Jackson has signed a new
contract at Manchester United which keeps him at
the club until at least June 2020 with an option to
extend for a further year.

Borthwick-Jackson,19, came through the ranks of
our academy and was handed a first-team debut in
our Premier League game against West Bromwich
Albion in November. Cameron continued to make
progress and went on to make 14 appearances for
the first team. He also picked up the U21 Player of
the Year award at the Manchester United Player of
the Year awards, voted for by the Manchester
United fans.

Executive vice chairman Ed Woodward said:
"Cameron is one of a number of young players to
come through our academy to make their first
team debut last season. This is something that our
club has always done and promoting the academy
and U21 players is something that makes
everybody associated with the club very proud. I’m
delighted that Cameron has signed his new
contract and look forward to seeing him in the
squad for many years to come."

Cameron Borthwick-Jackson said:
"I have grown up at United and have enjoyed every
minute of being here. Last season was an
incredible experience to make my first team debut
and a dream come true for myself and my family. I
feel it stands me in good stead for continuing my
development as a Manchester United player. I will
continue to work hard and take advice from the
manager and his coaching team to improve with
every training session."

0 comments:

Post a Comment